If you are some cat that craves trophies – perhaps you should go to trophy.com and buy as many as you want. We will have a couple of awards. But really – Torque Fest is all about DRIVING. THAT is the reward.
We encourage Car Clubs to present the awards that THEY feel are worthy to individual car owners. Vintage Torque Fest feels that car owners should feel more proud of awards given by fellow gearheads than some subjective scoring system or lame “rules”
Bottom Line – if you are coming to the Torque Fest for a trophy – you are coming to the wrong show….. We encourage YOU to present an award from YOUR car club to honor your fellow gearheads – in this way the recipient will understand that it was 1 car club’s opinion of what THEY thought was the best car at the show. In this spirit we welcome home made trophies – but if this is the only reason you are coming to the show…..please stay home – trophy hounds are not what this show is all about. If you would like to present an award – feel free – just bring the award to the main stage when you arrive and then be at the awards ceremony 2 minutes before it starts. Please have a representative that will be able to speak on the microphone stating the car that was picked by your car club.
Mauer & Willis Longevity Award
Mauer & Willis are a couple of THE hot rod pioneers in Iowa. Building their first hot rods in the late 50’s and continued in the early 60’s. After catching the drag race bug – they were out racing Big Daddy Don Garlits around the midwest-before corporate sponsorship became the REAL name of the game.
Noel & Bob have decided to give recognition to an individual that has had their project car the longest. The car that will receive the award has to meet the requirements that have been set:
- Car must be owned at least 20 years by current owner.
- Car must meet the entry guidelines that are set in place by Torque Fest
- Car must be at Torque Fest and in running condition.
- Car does NOT have to be on the road for past 20 years – projects are OK. Example – if current owner had a frame or body in the back yard since 1966 and FINALLY got it running last year – THAT IS OK!
- Photos are recommended
- Current owner or representative must be present to get award.
- Noel Mauer will be taking submissions at his car inside the main hall. Look for his white chopped 1931 Model A – there will be applications for the award there.
- Person can only receive this award once.
This award is designed with the intent of getting people to bring their historic rides to Vintage Torque Fest! – This can be a motorcycle, car, or truck – Bring them to Torque Fest – We want to see them!!!